Monday, February 1, 2010

New Fabric For My Stash!

Yay! The lady at church lived up to her word and gave me another stack of fabric to bring home and play with. And I have already done something with it today-see my later post.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="New fabrics to add to my stash"][/caption]

Again, she emphasised that they were all natural fibers-wools, linens and cottons-nothing synthetic-well, except for some Bemberg linings. They are more than 20 years old, but are in amazingly good condition.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A really pretty purple and silver Bemberg lining"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Some sort of grey and brown tweed"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A really pretty white Swiss cotton fabric with raised dots and lines"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A light blue houndstooth wool"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Blue linen"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A dusty rose pink polished cotton "][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A beautiful light wool"][/caption]

But I have no idea what to make with this. I'm not sure it's a colour that would suit me. The only thing I could come up with was to make a light blanket! Surely that's a little sacrilegious?

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A light tan-coloured thick cotton twilled material. "][/caption]

I think it would make a beautiful winter skirt-gored of course. Maybe a matching jacket?

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A white cotton with jacquard weave"][/caption]

Would make a lovely white suit.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="More linens. "][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A heavy cotton plaid"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption=" A purple linen"][/caption]

And the lady threw in a jewellery travel bag.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Handmade in white satin."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="A view from the front and back of it"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Zippered compartments for necklaces and bracelets"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="And that tube thing has a snap at the end which you unclasp and you can string rings unto it!"][/caption]

I love all the fabrics I got today. It almost filled up a 55-litre plastic storage box I just got last week! Now I have 4 of those boxes all filled up with fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments here: